Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts are rich in many valuable nutrients, and are a great addition to any fall meal or as an appetizer or healthy snack. We love it dipped in our Vegan Chipotle Aioli sauce.
Nutritional Facts: A member of the cruciferous family, Brussels sprouts contain several cancer-preventive glucosinolates and provide antioxidant support from a variety of phytonutrients and flavonoids. They are also an excellent source of vitamin K, C and a good source of manganese and fiber.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, nut-free, no processed sugar
1 lb Brussels Sprouts
2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ t Sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Trim each sprout and cut in half lengthwise.
3. Toss sprouts with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
4. Place sprouts, cut side down, on a parchment lined baking sheet. Roast in oven for approximately 30 minutes until fork tender.
*Cook's Note: To liven up the flavor, try adding one of the following spices:
- ½ t curry or ground coriander with the sea salt.
- 2 cloves of minced garlic after sprouts come out of oven.
- 1 T balsamic vinegar before roasting.