Chocolate Mousse with Almond Brittle
Indulge your loved ones with this decadent chocolate mousse this Valentine’s Day. It’s loaded with healthy fat (we use avocado for that creaminess!) and a touch of cayenne for some heat.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, and no processed sugar.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 2 hours
6 oz dairy free dark chocolate (minimum 72% cacao*)
2 large Haas avocados
2 T cocoa powder
2 t vanilla extract
3 T maple syrup
1 cup unsweetened coconut cream*
⅛ t sea salt
1 t cayenne pepper
Almond Caramel Brittle:
1 cup sliced almonds
½ cup coconut sugar
½ cup ghee
1 t maple syrup
coarse sea salt
1. In a double boiler, melt chocolate until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. In a blender add all the remaining ingredients and pour in melted chocolate.
3. Blend until smooth and creamy.
4. Divide into individual ramekins and chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
5. Meanwhile, make the almond brittle. Melt ghee, coconut sugar and maple syrup together in a small saucepan. Bring to a low boil for 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. Lay almonds on parchment paper so they are overlapping. Pour caramel over the almonds to coat, sprinkle with sea salt and let cool about 1 hour.