Green Tea Matcha Latte
We can thank Japan for this luscious drink. Matcha green tea has been used traditionally in Japanese tea ceremonies for centuries but has only recently become a standard offering in many U.S. cafes. We’ve put a twist on the traditional with the addition of vanilla and cloves for a top of the mornin' comfort drink!
Makes 1 serving
Gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, egg-free and no processed sugar.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
½ t matcha powder (we recommend premium, culinary grade)
8 oz near boiling water
4 oz hot, but not boiling, almond/cashew milk*
1 t honey
Pinch of cloves as a garnish (optional)
*Homemade is the best! See our recipe here. We also find cashew milk to work great because it gets nice and frothy.
1. Put the matcha powder into your favorite mug.
2. Pour in the boiling water and whisk the powder and liquid together vigorously until the matcha has dissolved.
3. Heat your milk and add in the honey.
4. Using a frother or whisk, blend the milk until it gets foamy.
5. Pour milk into your matcha, sprinkle some cinnamon on top, and enjoy.