Grilled Salmon with Mango Ginger Vinaigrette
Fire up the grill with this summer favorite! The mango vinaigrette adds a refreshing take on grilled salmon but can also be used on chicken or as a dressing for your summer greens.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, nut-free and no processed sugar.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
1 lb wild-caught King or Sockeye salmon
2 cups thinly shredded cabbage
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper or your favorite herb blend
Our Mango Vinaigrette - its own separate recipe on our blog!
1. Bring the salmon to room temperature and oil the skin side of the salmon with avocado oil or other high heat oil. Season with salt and pepper or try an herb blend to rub on the flesh. We like to use a jerk seasoning for a nice savory kick.
2. Meanwhile, make our Mango Ginger Vinaigrette.
3. Heat a gas grill on high for 10 minutes.
4. Turn one burner to low and leave the other on high for radiant heat.
5. Place the filet skin-side down over the low heat burner. Close lid and cook for about 7-10 minutes. When the salmon begins to bubble through to the top, flip filet over and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Salmon should be flakey but not dry.
6. While the salmon is cooking, shred the cabbage and divide on 4 plates.
7. To serve, cut filet into four pieces and remove the skin. Place each piece of salmon on top of the shredded cabbage and spoon about ¼ cup of vinaigrette over each.