Pistachio Berry Holiday Granola
Nutmeg and cinnamon lead the way in this festive granola. Make a double batch to have on hand for visiting family and friends or give away as gifts. Great for a breakfast, snack or to sprinkle on your favorite fruit. The possibilities are plentiful!
Technically a processed grain, oats maintain their nutrient value through the refining process because they don't lose their bran or germ like many other grains. Oats are a good source of soluble fiber which is known to help reduce cholesterol levels. This grain is also high in minerals such as manganese, molybdenum, copper and phosphorus.
Makes 5 cups
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Total time: 120 minutes
Gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, soy-free, no processed sugar.
3 cups rolled oats (gluten free preferably)
¼ cup chia seeds
½ cup flax seeds
½ cup pistachio seeds
½ cup shredded coconut
1½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup maple syrup
¼ cup ghee, melted
½ cup gogi berries
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
1. Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Mix all wet ingredients together in a small bowl.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until evenly coated.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread granola out evenly.
5. Bake for 90 minutes, rotating the pan 180 degrees every 20 mins.
6. Set aside for 20 mins to cool and then add in dried gogi berries.