In the heat of the summer, there's nothing better than a refreshing drink to keep you cool and hydrated. We love this lavender infused twist on traditional lemonade for outdoor parties, celebrations, or simply to sip on while taking a relaxing break in your day.
Honey is one of nature's wondrous sweet indulgences. It contains a variety of antioxidants and several studies show that it can lower LDL (bad) cholesterol with regular consumption. Consuming your locally made, unfiltered honey has been found to reduce symptoms of seasonal allergy sufferers as well. Honey is still very high in calories and can affect blood sugar levels so consume in moderation.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Makes 6 cups
Gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, egg-free nut-free and no processed sugar.
½ cup honey
7-8 ripe lemons (or 1 ½ cups lemon juice)
3 cups filtered water at room temperature
3 T dried or fresh lavender flowers
1 bottle sparkling water
1. Bring 1 cup of water to boil. Remove from heat and steep the lavender flowers for at least one hour and up to overnight.
2. Meanwhile, juice the lemons and add the juice and remaining water to a pitcher.
3. Add the honey to pitcher and stir until dissolved.
4. When lavender is done steeping, strain the water into the pitcher and stir to combine.
5. Serve over ice with a generous splash (about 1/2 cup) of sparkling water.