Peaches are one of our favorite summertime fruits and you can still find them at their peak right now. This crisp is a family favorite of ours and beckons the need to host a grill party with this as dessert. You can always substitute the peaches for another fruit like berries or apples and the crumb topping can be made in a double batch with the extras frozen for up to 2 months. Try this with a scoop of our Coconut Honey Ice Cream!
Peaches are a good source of antioxidants which act as protective scavengers against free radicals which often promote the onset of many diseases. Peaches also have a good amount of Vitamin C and beta carotene which converts to Vitamin A. Relatively low in calories, it is best to consume with the skin to gain the added benefit of extra fiber.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
No gluten, dairy, soy, egg or processed sugar.
6-8 large yellow peaches, peeled and sliced
juice from ½ lemon
2 t arrowroot powder
1 pinch sea salt
3/4 c gluten free oats
¼ c coconut oil
¼ c ghee
1 cup coconut sugar
½ cup almond flour
¼ cup brown rice flour
½ t cinnamon
¼ t sea salt
Optional (but recommended): 1 scoop of our homemade Coconut Honey Ice-cream!
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. If using thick cut rolled oats then we like to process them in a blender or food processor just a touch to break them up a little.
3. Add all dry ingredients to a medium-size bowl and stir to combine.
4. Add coconut oil and ghee to the dry ingredients and combine with a pastry blender or your fingers until fat is combined and mixture combines into large crumbs. Set mixture aside.
5. Lightly grease a 2-3 quart baking pan with coconut oil or ghee.
6. Peel and slice the peaches and add to another medium-size bowl.
7. Add in the lemon juice, arrowroot powder and sea salt and stir to coat the peaches evenly.
8. Spoon peaches into the greased baking dish and spread out evenly.
9. Spread the crumb mixture over the peaches.
10. Bake in oven for 35 minutes or until peaches are bubbling and topping is brown.
11. Let cool on a wire rack until slightly warm.