Roasted Asparagus and Spring Onion
This week at the farmer's market we found some asparagus and spring onions at their peak! This simple, but refreshing take on roasted asparagus is the perfect side for any spring/summer meal!
Asparagus is a wonderful source of vitamin K, B1, folate and fiber as well as the minerals copper and selenium. Asparagus contains high amounts of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties as well, including glutathione--the king of antioxidants.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, egg-free, nut-free and no processed sugar.
1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed
1 bunch of spring onions, trimmed
3 T extra virgin olive oil
sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
zest and juice from one lemon
1. Preheat oven to 325° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Trim the asparagus and place onto baking sheet.
3. Trim the spring onions and slice down the middle vertically. Add to baking sheet.
4. Drizzle olive oil over vegetables and roll around to coat. Spread onions and asparagus out evenly on the baking sheet.
5. Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes until asparagus are tender.
7. Remove from oven, squeeze lemon juice over vegetables and garnish with lemon zest.