Roasted Curry Spiced Chickpeas
A bag of chickpea snack from the store is between $4-5 for a couple of servings. Make your own for a quarter of the price and spice it up as you like. Aside from snacking these tasty morsels go great in a salad or add some crunch to a wrap.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soy-free, and no processed sugar.
Prep-time: 5 minutes
Cooktime: 40 - 50 minutes
1 t curry powder
1 t cumin powder
1 t sea salt
½ t cayenne powder
1 T avocado oil (or sub other high heat oil)
2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
1. Rinse chickpeas well and dry them on paper towels.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour chickpeas onto pan and drizzle with avocado oil. Toss to coat well.
4. Mix remaining spices and sea salt in a small bowl and sprinkle over chickpeas. Toss again to distribute the spices evenly.
5. Bake for 40-50 minutes until crisp and lightly browned. Check every 10 minutes - some may get crisper before others if they are on the outside edges of the tray.
6. Best if enjoyed while warm but can be stored in an airtight container for up to two days.