Blistered Shishito Peppers
It’s pepper season and Shishitos are showing up on menus all around town. They are one of our go to appetizers in the fall because they taste spectacular but are also very easy to make. The smokiness in the chipotle pepper lends itself nicely to grill parties or snacks by the campfire. There will be a couple in each pint that will have a little, not too much, heat in them but most are mild in spice.
No gluten, dairy, soy, egg, nuts or processed sugar.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
1 pint Shishito peppers
1 T extra virgin olive oil
1 t sea salt
¼ t ground chipotle pepper
1. Heat a large, heavy bottomed skillet on med-med/high. Toss the peppers to the dry pan and spread out evenly.
2. As peppers begin to turn brown, turn them over with tongs so all sides are toasted and begin to blister.
3. Remove from pan into a shallow dish or plate.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and chipotle pepper.
5. Toss gently and serve immediately.