Chicken Sweet Potato Tacos
Tired of your basic taco recipe? Taking inspiration from the Peruvian kitchen and fall’s bounty, these tacos will warm your heart and fill your tummy with nutritious seasonal vegetables and chicken.
Swiss chard boasts an excellent amount of minerals and nutrients. It is particularly high in Vitamin K, A, E and C and is an excellent source of magnesium, copper, manganese and potassium and iron. Swiss chard also contains many beneficial phytonutrients which contain flavonoids for reducing inflammation and neutralizing oxidation.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soy-free, and no processed sugar.
Makes 12 tacos
1 ½ lbs chicken breast, diced into bite size pieces
1 red onion, diced
2-3 T extra virgin olive oil
2 poblano peppers, diced
1 ½ lbs sweet potato, diced
4 c Swiss Chard or kale, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 t sea salt
1 t paprika
1 T cumin
½ t allspice
12 - 6” corn tortillas
Toppings: our homemade dairy-free Chipotle Aioli, fresh lime wedges and fresh cilantro
- Saute onions in olive oil over low-med heat for 3 minutes.
- Add in peppers, sweet potatoes and sea salt. Stir to coat vegetables with oil and sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the corn tortillas in a 150°F oven wrapped in a towel.
- Add in garlic, paprika, cumin and allspice and cook for one more minute.
- Remove vegetables from the pan and set aside. Add in more olive oil to the pan and heat on low-med until oil shimmers.
- Add in diced chicken and sauté until chicken is no longer pink.
- Return the vegetables to the pan and stir to combine.
- Serve in warm tortillas topped with cilantro and Chipotle Aioli and lime wedges on the side.